100% Cotton Rope
One of the most frequently asked questions about our twisted cotton rope is, "is it 100% cotton?" The short answer -YES.
All of our natural white cotton twine, twisted and braided cotton rope is made from 100% cotton yarn. That yarn is sourced in the USA from sustainable American cotton farms. It's biodegradable, mildew resistant and natural. These 100% cotton twisted and braided twines and ropes are made at Ravenox's factory in North Carolina and are available in diameters from 1/8-in, 3/16-in, 1/4-in, 3/8-in, 1/2-in, 5/8-in, 3/4-in and 1-in.
Ravenox cotton rope is certified by the Seal of Cotton for its' authentic and iconic fiber content. You expect your rope to be made responsibly and we're committed to that end. Ravenox cotton ropes are natural, renewable and have environmentally-friendly benefits.
Ravenox uses only the finest cotton yarns available to twist and braid ropes. Using 100% cotton yarn in our rope and twine is essential for a wide variety of uses:
Cooks and chefs should only use 100% cotton twine as butcher's twine in their cooking and baking needs. Using other fibers could melt and release potential toxins into meats, poultry, fish and other food products.
Macrame artisans love 100% cotton as it easily accepts dyes and can transform a project into a one of a kind unique piece. Macrame is a great way to incorporate more handmade items into your home decor. Adding macrame in your decor invites that chic, bohemian vibe into our homes. They are not only crafts, they are artwork. There are so many uses for macrame too; from plant hangers, fruit and veggie holders, decorative wall hangings and even jewelry!
Farmers, Ranchers and Gardeners need to use biodegradable cotton twine in the production and storage of their harvests and for livestock use. Ravenox Food-grade twine is made in both single-strand and triple strand and is perfect for trellising climbing plants, tying plants to a support, hanging plants in a greenhouse, bundling together fresh cut flowers or veggies, hanging cut herbs and Kokedama string gardens.
- It’s biodegradable. When you’re done using it throw it right into the compost. It will break down along with all the other natural plant matter in there.
- Mildew resistant. Nothing hurts more than to tie your precious food bearing plants to a stake only to find the string you used to attach it growing mildewy fungus and possible infecting your plants.
- It’s natural, just like everything else in your garden! You don’t have to worry about weird toxins from plastics and synthetics.
Pet Lovers who are looking for a safe and amazing pet toy should use Ravenox twisted cotton rope in natural white. Great for dog toys, bird toys, cat toys and any other pet toy that could be ingested and is of concern.
Our colored cotton ropes have a much more unique story.
Ravenox has partnered with Recover to provide the most sustainable colored yarns the industry can provide. Recover develops and manufactures low-impact high-value upcycled yarns for all types of fashion, accessory and home textile products. We're proud to implement their yarns into our ropes. Here are a few highlights about Recover Yarns:
- Recover drives the fashion industry closer to zero-waste.
- The Recover Upcycled Textile System turns textile waste into valuable new yarns for many life-cycles.
- Recover helps protect the planet, our only home.
- Recover uses textile waste as a raw material resource, diverting it from landfill and incineration. They become less dependent on virgin materials and save water, energy, CO2 emissions and toxic chemicals.
- Recover Yarns produce the lowest-impact textiles.
- 50% of the energy used to recycle and spin yarns for Ravenox is generated by solar power.
Recover yarn that is used in Ravenox Cotton Rope is Dye-Free. No dyes are used to match colors with Recover cotton fibers. No water is used and no chemical products are used.
These yarns are twisted and braided into our cotton twines and ropes to produce some of the most vibrant colored cotton ropes available. The colored cotton twine is commonly known as baker's twine and is great for just about any arts and crafts project imaginable. Ravenox colored cotton ropes are great for arts and crafts too, but are also used for dog toys, horse leads, interior design, visual display, dog leashes, macrame, tug of war rope, bird toys, and so much more. Single strand and triple strand ropes and twines are all twisted together with Recover yarn to produce some of the most beautiful projects you can imagine. As with all Ravenox cotton ropes and twines they can be customized with any three colors available.
See How Recovers Yarn is Made for Ravenox Twisted Cotton Rope
Using Recovers Yarn in Ravenox Rope Helps Protect the Planet