Employment Opportunities at Ravenox
We’re rope makers. And we’re kind of obsessed. To turn the cordage world upside down, we’ve assembled a dream team of industry professionals whose lives…as crazy as it sounds…revolve around rope. Made up of outdoor adrenaline junkies & creative campers alongside techy fiber nerds and 20-year rope industry experts- we dream big to create ropes, cords, and clips that push all the limits and pass all the tests. And we’ve done it pretty well.
Machine & Production Supervisor - $17-18/hr - Apply Here
We are looking for a Machine & Production Supervisor to support operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will be responsible for managing/supervising factory employees. *Interested Candidates should reply with the subject title: Ravenox Rope Machine Production Supervisor*
You will also help machine operators maintain and operate machinery and be required to work with light to heavy machinery, using in-depth knowledge to produce quality goods and make repairs.
This Production Supervisor will be reliable, capable of working under pressure, and focused on attention to detail while maintaining safety standards. On-the-job training is necessary to operate machinery, therefore a willingness to learn and improve skills is expected even with experience. Teamwork is essential to the overall operations and requires close collaboration with co-workers and also monitoring and encouraging communication among factory workers.
The objective is to ensure production procedures are carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
- Improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Manage and track inventory
- Strengthen/improve/grow supplies and services network.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager to plan, prioritize, and execute production schedule.
- Track order acknowledgement, prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, and provide visibility of potential interruptions.
- Reviews updates and maintain purchase orders until they are closed.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Setup machines, including calibrations and maintenance, for efficient production
- Complete regular quality assurance on all production levels using proper measuring tools
- Detect any mechanical problems, determine best solution and repair machinery
- Complete production plans
- Maintain activity logs
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 2+ years of experience supervising 5+ subordinates
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Basic IT skills (Databases, Microsoft Office Suite applications, etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent people and communication skills (written, presentation and verbal)
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- High understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Capable of lifting at least 50lbs
- Able to operate a forklift
- A candidate who speaks Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must have at least 2 references that can be contacted.
- Veterans preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Supervising 5+ Subordinates: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Burlington, NC (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off