Heavy Duty, Double Braid Pulling Rope with Eye Splice
For superior strength and remarkable shock absorption capabilities, double braid polyester is the rope of choice. The double braid construction consists of two ropes, one (the outer cover) braided over the other (the core) in a balanced, block creel construction.
To produce a balanced braid, half of the yarn is twisted into strands in the “Z”, or right hand direction, half is twisted into strands in the “S”, or left hand direction. The rope is braided in such a way that the filaments on the outer surface of both the cover and core braids are parallel to the axis of the rope.
Braiding is performed on a machine with a given number of bobbins which hold the yarn strands. In many braiding facilities, when a bobbin runs out of yarn, it is replaced with a full one, and the strands from the old and new bobbins are connected in an effort to minimize strength loss. In a block creel construction, the same amount of yarn is measured on to each bobbin – so that every strand runs the full length of the rope.
It is significant that, as is the case with our polyester composite double braided pulling ropes, NFPA, OSHA, and other life safety ropes permit only the block creel construction method.
Each of these ropes comes with an eye splice loop at both ends of the rope making it easy to attach to cables and pull directly off the reel.
Double Braid Polyester is designed for heavy duty commercial applications to include:
- Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Safety Lines
- Ladder Lines
- Sub Lines
- Rigging Lines
- Towing Rope
- Hand Lines
- Stage Lines
- Pulling Lines
- Conduit Line
- Spring Lines
- Long Lines
- Purse Lines
- Trawl Slings
This double braid polyester rope is made with high tenacity pre-twisted tire cord polyester yarns that are non-rotational and torque-free. This gives the cord excellent abrasion resistance. Double braid polyester rope is UV-Resistant, Chemical Resistant, oil and gas resistant and is designed for use in extreme temperatures. It is moisture, weather and tear resistant.
Electrical Cable Pulling Rope
Electrical professionals love double braid polyester as it’s flexible, easy to handle and easy to splice.
This double braid polyester rope is recommended for electrical installations where heavy pulls and multiple cable installations. Most equipment manufacturers specify that the rope used should have very low stretch, and that its tensile strength be matched to the cable puller’s maximum pulling force, using a minimum 4:1 safety factor. So a cable tugger with a maximum pulling force of 8000 lbs. should use a pulling rope with a breaking strength of 32,000 lbs or more. Use our guide below in selecting the correct diameter.
Safety Note: Nylon rope should never be used to pull cable – it stretches and can snap back like a rubber band and cause serious injury.
As a proud supplier to the US government and military, Ravenox is pleased to offer this rope to Do-It-Yourselfers and everyday shoppers. Double Braid Polyester ropes are very flexible, soft to the touch, have a silky feel and are easy on your hands. These ropes stay firm and round over pulleys, yet flexible with good elasticity. Made in the USA, this rope meets Federal Berry Compliance Standards. Unlike commercial grade polyester rope, these ropes pass internationally acclaimed quality tests.
A Diameter of Rope and Cord for Every Project and Use!
RAVENOX DOUBLE BRAID POLYESTER ROPE - 3/8-INCH, 7/16-INCH, 1/2-INCH, 9/16-INCH, 5/8-INCH, 3/4-INCH, 7/8-INCH, 1-INCH, 1-1/8-INCH, 1-1/4-INCH AND 1-1/2-INCH DIAMETERS
Ravenox Berry Compliant Double Braid Polyester Rope is available in 11 different diameter options.
Diameter : Metric : Minimum Break Strength
3/8-inch : 9.52 mm : 5,000 lbs.
7/16-inch : 11.11 mm : 7,500 lbs.
1/2-inch : 12.7 mm : 9,500 lbs.
9/16-inch : 14.29 mm : 16,150 lbs.
5/8-inch : 15.88 mm : 18,000 lbs.
3/4-inch : 19.05 mm : 26,000 lbs.
7/8-inch : 22.23 mm : 32,000 lbs.
1-inch : 25.4 mm : 42,000 lbs.
1-1/8-inch : 28.58 mm : 47,900 lbs.
1-1/4-inch : 31.75 mm : 56,200 lbs.
1-1/2-inch : 38.1 mm : 73,380 lbs.
Ravenox Double Braid Polyester Rope Will Suit All Your Lifting, Pulling, Towing, Securing and Tie-Down Needs
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Double Braid Polyester
- Made in USA
- BERRY COMPLIANT POLYESTER PULLING ROPE: Made in the USA, this rope meets Federal Berry Compliance. On our full spools each end of the rope has an eye splice loop for easy securing, out of the box use. Heavy-duty wooden spools house the rope for convenient, on the site job use. Whether it’s a construction site, oil platform, ranch or garage, this heavy-duty rope is ready for all your pulling winching and towing needs.
- NUMEROUS ROPE APPLICATIONS: Designed for commercial use, Ravenox Double Braid Polyester Rope is great for everyday use as well. Some common applications include Fall Arrest Lanyards, Safety Lines, Ladder Lines, Sub Lines, Rigging Lines, Towing Rope, Hand Lines, Stage Lines, Pulling Lines, Halyards, Conduit Line, Spring Lines, Long Lines, Purse Lines, Dielectric and Trawl Slings. Electrical professionals love double braid polyester as it’s flexible, easy to handle and easy to splice.
- HIGH TENACITY AND DOUBLE CONSTRUCTION: Double Braid Polyester Rope is made with high tenacity pre-twisted tire cord polyester yarns that are non-rotational and torque-free. This gives the cord excellent abrasion resistance. Double braid polyester rope is UV-Resistant, Chemical Resistant, oil and gas resistant and is designed for use in extreme temperatures. It is moisture, weather and tear resistant.
- CHOOSE YOUR LENGTH & WIDTH: Order the amount you need with rope by the foot in 25 Feet, 50 Feet, 100 Feet, 300 Feet, 600 Feet and 1,200 Feet lengths and by the diameter with 3/8 inch, 7/16 inch, 1/2 inch, 9/16 inch, 5/8 inch, 3/4 inch, 7/8 inch, 1 inch, 1-1/8 inch, 1-1/4 inch and 1-1/2 inch thickness. Note: Cut lengths of 25 FT, 50 FT and 100 FT do not have an eye splice.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE. Ravenox is a CERTIFIED Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Led American Small Business that backs all of its’ products. If you’re not 100% satisfied, you’ll get your money back. Ravenox rope meets the rigorous manufacturing and testing procedures set forth by the American Cordage Institute and we are proud to be 1 of only 29 manufacturers in the world that helps set the standards in rope manufacturing. This Rope is Made in the USA.
WARNINGS: Knots reduce the strength of the rope up to 50%, splicing is preferable. Chemicals will cause it to deteriorate. Do not use this product for overhead lifting, support of human weight or athletic equipment, or other situations where personal safety or valuable property can be endangered. The working loads shown should never be exceeded. Shock (stress, jerk) conditions can reduce working loads by as much as 33%. Never stand in line with rope under tension; such rope, particularly nylon rope, may recoil (snap back). Never use this product to secure large flat surfaces or objects. All ropes should be replaced if signs of wear, such as broken fibers are apparent. Misuse can result in serious injury or death.