The RegO A2141 Series Pull-Away Valves are designed especially to provide pull-away protection for LP-Gas and anhydrous ammonia transfer operations including transport and delivery truck loading and unloading, engine fuel container filling and miscellaneous cylinder filling operations. When properly fastened to the inlet end of the discharge hose, the valve is designed to stop gas escape from both upstream and downstream lines in the event of a pull-away. An excessive tension pull causes the valve to automatically separate, closing two internal back pressure checks. Only a few cubic centimeters of gas escape at the instant of separation.
It is recommended that a convenient means be provided to safely remove the pressure from the line upstream of each coupling half to enable reassembly of the valve. To reassemble, simply push the male half firmly into the female half until the retaining balls slip into the retaining groove. Check for leaks after reassembly.
The A2141A8L Model has a 1-inch Cadmium Plated Steel Body with a 4-9/16 inch valve length. The approximate disconnect force is 75 lbs and the approximate reconnect force is 50 lbs.
- REGO PULL-AWAY VALVE A2141A8L features heavy-duty construction for a long service life.
- A “TRUE’’ PULL-AWAY TYPE VALVE which simply reconnects by snapping together without unnecessary downtime or need for new parts.
- BUNA-N SEALS provide leak tight operation.
- 400 PSIG operating pressure.
- CADMIUM PLATED STEEL 1-inch body and nylon-coated galvanized steel cables.