Ravenox Sparrow and Starling Eliminator House Trap
This is the perfect trap to catch unwanted House Sparrows and European Starlings - both of which are invasive species. The Universal House Trap is made with vinyl coated wire with an aluminum front plate. This trap will last for years and years.
This Universal Trap is a must have item for Purple Martin and Bluebird enthusiasts looking to reduce the number of unwanted House Sparrows and European Starlings. The trap opens from the front to set the all metal trap mechanism. The highly visible powder coated shutter door will alert you when the trap has been tripped. Simply open the side access port and swing it open to give your hand access to catch the bird unharmed.
Overall dimensions: 5-1/4-inches x 4-3/4-inches x 4-3/4-inches tall.
This trap works best in the nesting season when starlings and sparrows are looking for places to nest.
We’ve thought through the small details to provide peace of mind and confidence while mastering each twist and turn. Now, it’s up to you. Easy Assembly.
Get started and Order Today! Made in the USA.
Using more than one trap increases your odds of capturing Starlings and Sparrows
There are two species of non-native birds, the European Starling and the House Sparrow, which will nest in Purple Martin housing. Both species were brought over from Europe and should never be permitted to nest in martin housing. They will take over martin compartments, destroy eggs, and kill nestlings. They can also prevent martins from nesting and often injure or kill adults. House Sparrows and European Starlings are not protected and may be legally controlled by trapping.
Starlings are larger than Purple Martins, with a stocky body, short tail, and a long yellow beak. Juvenile starlings may have a black beak. They have an iridescent purple-green-black coloring. Their winter plumage is brownish with white spots. They are seed eaters and are oftentimes found on the ground below feeders.
There are many different breeds of sparrows—only the House Sparrows are non-native. Other native sparrows such as the Song Sparrow and White-Crowned Sparrows will not be interested in nesting in your Purple Martin housing.
Key Product Features
- STARLING TRAP LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: The durable and lightweight materials make for long-lasting use over many years. Starling trap and eliminator is made with vinyl coated wire with an aluminum front plate. This trap will last for years and years. The trap dimensions are: 5-1/4-inches x 4-3/4-inches x 4-3/4-inches tall.
- SPARROW AND STARLING ELIMINATOR TRAP: Simple and easy installation. Excellent backyard décor for the casual spectator and Purple Martin, bird or pet enthusiast. No need for heavy-duty dismantling or re-assemble work.
- HOUSE SPARROW TRAP: Affix to a tree, garage, home, barn or office building. Purple Martins won’t be attracted and it should leave them unharmed.
- RAVENOX STARLING TRAP DOOR: House Sparrow and Starling Eliminator Trap is a great trap to catch unwanted house sparrows and European starlings using a trap door. Predators are trying to break down the safe haven for all nesting birds in your backyard. Protect gourds against invasive and non-native sparrows.
- BIRD TRAP 100% RISK-FREE: We are a USA, CERTIFIED, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Woman-Led business that offers a one-year, money-back guarantee on all house sparrow trap, starling trap and sparrow trap purchases.