Multifunctional 360 Series outdoor 802.11ac Wave 2 access points deliver cost-effective wireless connectivity for mobile and IoT devices in educational, enterprise, retail, and industrial settings.
By supporting dual radio operation, the 360 Series APs deliver a maximum data rate of 867 Mbps in the 5-GHz band and 400 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band, while supporting MU-MIMO operation for simultaneous transmission for up to two 802.11ac Wave 2 devices.
Able to survive in harsh outdoor environments, the 360 Series can withstand exposure to high and low temperatures, persistent moisture and precipitation, and are fully sealed to keep out airborne contaminants. All electrical interfaces include industrial strength surge protection.
The outdoor 360 Series have integrated Aruba ClientMatch™ technology to eliminate sticky clients and enhanced Wave 2 WLAN performance. These outdoor APs continuously gather session performance metrics and utilize the data to steer mobile devices to the best AP and radio on the WLAN, even while users roam. The enhanced ClientMatch technology enables the 360 Series to automatically detect, classify and group 802.11ac Wave 2 capable mobile devices under a single Wave 2 radio, increasing network capacity and efficiency.
Like all Aruba Wave 2 access points, the outdoor 360 Series APs have an integrated Bluetooth Aruba Beacon that simplifies remote management for a network of large-scale battery-powered Aruba Beacons, while also providing advanced location and indoor wayfinding and proximity- based push notification capabilities. This enables businesses to leverage mobility context for developing applications that deliver an enhanced user experience – thus increasing the value of the wireless network for organizations.
CHOOSE YOUR DEPLOYMENT AND OPERATING MODES
The 360 Series APs offer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
- Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS™ – When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 360 Series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding. Please refer to the Aruba Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
- Aruba 360 Series APs running InstantOS™ – In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration with other APs in Instant mode in the WLAN.
- Air monitor
- Hybrid WLAN AP and air monitor
- Secure enterprise mesh
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Aruba APs in Instant mode are factory shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up
If WLAN and network requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 360 Series APs in Instant mode to become part of a WLAN that is centrally managed by a Mobility Controller.
Delivers 1.27 Gbps aggregate throughput
- Supports up to 1,733 Mbps in the 5 GHz band (with 4SS/VHT80 or 2SS/VHT160 clients) and up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/HT40 clients).
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Minimizes interference from 3G/4G cellular networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment
Quality of service for unified communication apps
- Supports priority handling and policy enforcement forunified communication apps, including cellular Wi-Fi calling and Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing
Best-in-class RF Management
- Integrated Adaptive Radio Management™ technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
- Enables proximity-based push notifications and location- based services for BLE-enabled mobile devices
- Enables management for deployment of battery powered Aruba Beacons
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference
- Wireless mesh connections are convenient where Ethernet drops are not available.
Wi-Fi Radio Specifications
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
Regulatory Model Numbers
Minimum Software Versions