Ravenox Purple Martin Vertical Gourd with Round Hole Tunnel
Durable: Ravenox Gourds are blow-molded in white (sun-reflecting), opaque, high-density polyethylene plastic. They won't rot, peel, split, or crack out in the elements, and won't break if accidentally dropped like natural gourds can. Because they are molded with ultraviolet inhibitors added to the plastic, they have a long life expectancy with virtually no maintenance other than giving a quick scrub at the end of the season. The tunnel is injection-molded using opaque UV-inhibited plastic.
Easy to Hang: Ravenox Gourds can easily be hung underneath an existing martin house or from an any of the many Ravenox gourd racks available. No Need to drill a hanging hole, they come pre-drilled with a 3/8" hanging-hole. Landlords will need to assemble the tunnel on to the molded-in collar on the gourd.
Landlord Friendly: Ravenox Gourds are low-to-no maintenance martin housing; no sanding or painting, and nothing to add except stick-on numbers. Everything a person needs to be a better landlord is already there. Balance the cost of a Ravenox Gourd against the years of low-maintenance use you'll get and the advantages for the martins. Then compare the occupancy rate and cost to other types of housing that have, at best, 50% occupancy, or that require annual repainting.
Easy Parasite Control: Nest parasites can decrease nesting success in Purple Martins by 50%. In a Ravenox Gourd, any parasite problem can be remedied simply and safely with a nest replacement. The access port and smooth interior make this easy. Ravenox Gourds have no seams, joints, or crevices in which parasites can hide, breed, or overwinter. No other type of martin housing can claim this advantage.
Ravenox Vertical Gourds are available in a variety of quantities. This listing is for the Vertical Gourd with a 2-inch Round Hole Entry.
We’ve thought through the small details to provide peace of mind and confidence while mastering each twist and turn. Now, it’s up to you. Easy Assembly.
Get started and Order Today! Made in the USA.
Designed to Benefit Purple Martins
The Ravenox Vertical Gourd reduces the risk of owl predation, due to its overall length of 13". The tunnel is trap-compatible for trapping House Sparrows with the optional Troyer-Haskell Tunnel Trap (THTT). The extra-wide porch on the gourds give martins a place to lounge in the sun and the inner tunnels have a wing-entrapment guard and traction tread. Each gourd has an additional perch area with traction on the tunnel and comes with a pre-drilled 3/8”, front-to-back hanging hole. Gourds have high occupancy rates, plus reduce the incidence of fallouts and premature fledgling. Now, busy landlords can offer their martins all the advantages of properly-prepared gourds, without investing the time and effort required to grow natural gourds, then add access doors and canopies, or repaint them every year or so.
Key Product Features:
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE BIRD FEEDER: Designed UV protected polyethylene vertical gourds. Its opaque, high-density polyethylene plastic unpainted gourd houses are perfect for outdoors. The durable materials make for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- BIRD HOUSES FOR OUTSIDE SAFETY: 14 ½-inches deep trap compatible and traction kit installed. Gourd depth maximized to serve as a protector for nests from predators. Trap sold separately and it can be used to trap Purple Martin’s for banding or band reading.
- BIRD WATCHING WITH ROUND ENTRANCE: Round hole with extra-wide porches and a perch on the neck above the entrance. Rectangle hole entrance used by traditional Purple Martin landlords. Porch allows for easy entrance for this hole shape. Gourd also has two mini canopies for vent holes that add decorative element and protect against the rain.
- PURPLE MARTIN HOUSE BY RAVENOX: We have premium purple martin bird feeder and new quality cap for easy nest change and dimples on the neck for gourd line hanging. Threaded access port covered by heavy-duty cap to access the gourd for nest cleaning. Holes allow for metal pins to book bird houses to poles and larger gourd rack. Gourds should hang high off the ground.
- BIRD HOUSE 100% RISK-FREE: We are a USA, CERTIFIED, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Woman-Led business that offers a one-year, money-back guarantee on all bird houses for outside purchases.