Special Note: If our 3-inch Manila shows out of stock please reach out to us to inquire about lead times.
Manila rope, which is often referred to as hemp rope, is a natural fiber product which has been in use for thousands of years. Utility contractors spec manila rope lanyards because, unlike synthetics, it doesn't melt when it comes in contact with hot wires. Before World War II manila rope was used on naval vessels. Most people prefer manila rope largely because of its' good "hand" and ability to absorb perspiration, in gymnasium and obstacle course climbing systems, and in a number of exercise and strength building applications like battle ropes. Manila rope is a popular choice for tug of war because it won't snap back, potentially causing serious injuries, as nylon rope has been known to do.
One of the most common places you'll see manila rope is in landscaping. Contractors, designers and fence contractors specify manila rope for fence rails and frames around gardens, decks, piers and along pathways. It has the advantage of decomposing over time, making it the "greenest" of reasonably high strength ropes. Manila rope is great for interior decorating as well and can be used in lighting, artwork or displays.
A DIAMETER OF ROPE OR TWINE FOR EVERY PROJECT AND USE!
Ravenox is proud to source the highest quality manila rope. Choose between 1/4-inch, 5/16-inch, 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch, 1-inch, 1.25-inch, 1.5-inch, 2-inch and 3-inch diameters in many different lengths.
Diameter : Metric : Tensile Strength : Safe Load (Safety Factor 12)
1/4-Inch : 6 mm : 540 lbs. : 45 lbs.
5/16-Inch : 7.9 mm : 900 lbs. : 75 lbs.
3/8-Inch : 9.5 mm : 1,215 lbs. : 101 lbs.
1/2-Inch : 13 mm : 2,385 lbs. : 199 lbs.
5/8-Inch : 16 mm : 3,960 lbs. : 330 lbs.
3/4-Inch : 19 mm : 4,860 lbs. : 405 lbs.
1-Inch : 25 mm : 8,100 lbs. : 675 lbs.
1.25-Inch : 31.8 mm : 12,150 lbs. : 1,012 lbs.
1.5-Inch : 36 mm : 16,650 lbs. : 1,390 lbs.
2-Inch : 48 mm : 27,900 lbs. : 2,330 lbs.
3-Inch : 76 mm : 57,600 lbs. : 4,800 lbs.
Key Product Features:
- MANILA ROPE IS A NATURAL FIBER ROPE, referred to as hemp rope, that has a low stretch and a great “hand” as well as a high tensile strength. Unlike synthetic ropes this rope doesn’t melt and can be used in a variety of applications. Manila is a great all-purpose rope
- MANILA ROPE ABSORBS PERSPIRATION, making it the ideal rope for tug of war, climbing rope, gymnasium and obstacle courses as well as strength building. Manila rope is also makes a great battle rope for workouts. Our Ravenox Manila rope is Grade #1 and is the highest quality available in the industry. There is less bark and debris which makes it smoother and less likely to splinter. Manila rope has a great knot holding ability.
- USED FOR OUTDOOR LANDSCAPING AND INTERIOR DESIGN. Manila rope is used for fence rails and frames around gardens, decks, piers and along pathways. Indoors it can be used in lighting, artwork or displays.
- OUR MANILA ROPE IS CUT TO LENGTH and packaged in 10 feet, 20 feet, 25 feet, 30 feet, 50 feet and 100 feet, 300 feet, 600 feet and 1,200 feet variations. We currently offer our rope in 1/4 inch, 5/16 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, 5/8 inch, 3/4 inch, 1 inch, 1.25 inch, 1.5 inch, 2 inch and 3 inch diameters. Manila rope is a natural fiber that can shrink in length by 10-15% and expand in thickness over its’ life.
- 100% 1-YEAR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Ravenox is a CERTIFIED Service-Disabled-Veteran-Owned, Women-Led American Small Business that backs all of its’ products. If you’re not 100% satisfied, you’ll get your money back. Ravenox rope meets the rigorous manufacturing and testing procedures set forth by the American Cordage Institute and we are proud to be 1 of only 29 manufacturers in the world that helps set the standards in rope manufacturing.