At Ravenox, we are always moving forward and looking for the best way to make things better. We have a perpetual drive to find, develop, make and sell smarter, better solutions.This includes crafting products that are not harmful to our planet.
As a start, our cotton rope is certified by the Seal of Cotton for its authentic and iconic fiber content. Consumers can be confident that we are committed to responsibly providing the finest products available. Our cotton ropes are natural, renewable, and have environmentally-friendly benefits. When crafting our twisted and braided ropes, only the finest organic cotton yarns available are used.
Our 100% cotton rope is made from yarn that is sourced from cotton grown in the rich soil of North Carolina which gives us that trademark high quality, softness, and strength. In fact, North Carolina is also where it is twisted into yarn and again twisted and braided into ropes. We also source our yarns from up-cycled materials to help protect our planet and our home.
Essential Uses for 100% Cotton Yarn
Farmers, Ranchers and Gardeners need to use 100% organic, biodegradable cotton twine in the production and storage of their harvests and for livestock use. Ravenox Food-grade twine is made in both single-strand and triple strand and is perfect for trellising climbing plants, tying plants to a support, hanging plants in a greenhouse, bundling together fresh cut flowers or veggies, hanging cut herbs and Kokedama string gardens.
Non-essential uses can include a plethora of options from things like Macrame and arts and crafts to home and event décor.
Why Our Cotton Rope Makes for a Healthier Earth
- It’s biodegradable. When you’re done using it throw it right into the compost. It will break down along with all the other natural plant matter in there.
- It’s natural, just like everything else in your garden! You don’t have to worry about weird toxins from plastics and synthetics.
- Pet Lovers who are looking for a 100% organic pet toy should use Ravenox twisted cotton rope in natural white. Great for dog toys, bird toys, cat toys and any other pet toy that could be ingested and is of concern.
Up-Cycling for Minimal Waste
Up-cycling is the process of re-using discarded material in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.
Ravenox has partnered with Recover™ to provide the most sustainable colored yarns the industry can provide. Recover™ develops and manufactures low-impact high-value upcycled yarns for all types of fashion, accessory and home textile products. We're proud to implement their yarns into our ropes. Here are a few highlights about Recover™ Yarns:
- Recover™ drives the fashion industry closer to zero-waste.
- The Recover™ Upcycled Textile System turns textile waste into valuable new yarns for many life-cycles.
- Recover™ helps protect the planet, our only home.
- Recover™ uses textile waste as a raw material resource, diverting it from landfill and incineration. They become less dependent on virgin materials and save water, energy, CO2 emissions and toxic chemicals.
- Recover™ Yarns produce the lowest-impact textiles.
- 50% of the energy used to recycle and spin yarns for Ravenox is generated by solar power.
Recover™ yarn that is used in Ravenox’s Cotton Rope is Dye-Free. No dyes are used to match colors with Recover™ cotton fibers. No water is used and no chemical products are used. Our colored cotton ropes are made from Recover™ yarn, which comes from their global facilities. We exclusively use Recover™ yarn in all of our colored cotton ropes.
At Ravenox, we not only believe in a responsibility to our customers, but a responsibility to the Earth. After all, she provides what we need to bring you the products you love. Happy Earth Day!